17 Jul 2010

Free Legal Advise of all sorts

LawI was looking through some information on the web and I found these couple of extremely valuable websites on the topic of legal advise.


I thought I should share them here:
  • Immigration Advisory Services (IAS) [website]
    One of UKs biggest law-advise providing charities. They seem to provide free immigration related advise to those who cant afford it and non-profit fee-based for those just about can. They have telephone based service too.
  • Office of Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) [website]
    The regulating body for Immigration legal advisers. It is generally wise to ensure that your immigration lawyer is registered with them. You can also file complaints about immigration advisers here.
  • Community Legal Aid [website]
    Free, confidential and independent legal advise on literally everything. Their website is also rich with easy to access information. A good example is "What are my rights if I was made redundant?". You can also ask for their advise on phone, etc. provided you are eligible for it.
  • Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) – [website]
    A volunteer-based charity that offers advise on a wide range of topics. Note that I have not directly used any of the above websites and have come to know of them through people who have or via various forums that I troll. Please feel free to correct or add to the above.
Disclaimer: I have not directly used any of the above websites and have come to know of them through people who have or via various forums that I troll. Please feel free to correct or add to the above.

No comments: